Why a blog?
I decided to start a blog. I am not new to writing things - just this time I want to have my place for it. (Very likely I will continue to do cuckoo-style blog posting.)
Jekyll is a static page generator. It's supported by GitHub, so there is no extra effort in starting or maintaining it. And:
- I like Markdown.
- I like GitHub.
- I like simplicity. (And I don't need fancy features.)
- Yet, I want to configure some stuff.
- I use LaTeX and I want to be able to use any HTML code (SVG diagrams, D3.js visualizations...).
- I am concerned about archiving things in plain formats.
- I want to avoid distractions. (By editing in a text editor - Atom.)
- Git commits gamify my efforts. (Seriously!)
My site migdal.wikidot.com is probably staying (at least - for some time). But for the further texts I prefer something cleaner, simpler.
What's going there?
I have in mind some entires on data science, academia and education. Also, I want to:
- blogify emails I am resending over and over (book reviews, collections of links, pieces of advice),
- archive my post scattered over various places,
- translate some Polish posts into English.
How often do I want to post?
I make no claims. But expect more of a "once a few months" than anything more frequent.
I see typoes and erorrs
So, raise an issue or even submit a pull request. In general, code for posts is here.