Compensation depends on your skill and experience, from the range 13000 - 22000 PLN/month on a job contract (“umowa o pracę”). It’s 9777-16412 PLN/month after taxes (for Polish tax rates). Your job title will be FrontEnd Developer or Lead GameDev, respectively.
Your first tasks will involve adopting the current state of Quantum Game, so it works on mobile devices, writing end-to-end tests, adding game options (e.g. volume), and making level sharing smoother.
- Experience with Vue.js or React.js (including reactive sites)
- Fluent software engineering skills (including good patterns, git, tests)
- Ability to work remotely (communication, realistic time estimates)
- Strong team-working skills (you’ll be part of a team of scientists, designers, and writers)
We don’t expect you to know quantum mechanics :). At the same time, we do expect experience with interactive media (GameDev, data visualization, dashboards).
Current tech stack is TypeScript + Vue.js + SVG + jest + yarn + Firebase. It will evolve with the project, depending on the gameplay, artistic vision, and your expertise. If it turns out that it is more efficient to use WebGL, we will do so. (Expect for TypeScript; we love TypeScript and it stays.).
Bonus points for:
- Experience with GameDev or creating Explorable Explanations
- Experience in numerics (from engineering, biology, physics, anything)
- Interest in popular science, science communication or education
- Open source projects (on GitHub or other)
- Experience with WASM (e.g. using Rust)
- You will take part in making a cool game, and changing education
- All code is open-source (https://github.com/Quantum-Game/)
- You will get a powerful computer of your choice (your operating system is up to you!)
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com. Don’t forget to include:
- Your current Resume
- If you do have, links to your GitHub and LinkedIn profiles
- What did you find the most fascinating in this project?
- Your time-space availability
We believe that creativity needs honesty, openness, and kindness. We are open to adjustments for your needs (e.g. education, parenting, health, lifestyle, etc.). We do our best to make this project inclusive. Our default communication tool is Basecamp and we do like asynchronous communication.
Some other team members are: Piotr Migdał, Klem Jankiewicz, Philippe Cochin and Chiara Decaroli. The general vision stays the same.